Monday, April 9, 2012

First Lost Tooth!

Jantzen lost his very first tooth tonight. He has been telling us for over a month now that he's had a loose one, but I thought he was just saying that because Jaron had a loose one and he wanted some money from the tooth fairy. Apparently he was right and he's been working it looser every day.

Jantzen came up the stairs with Josh right before bedtime and said they were going to get it out. I didn't think they would, but I was wrong. It only took two pulls with the floss and his tooth was out...he didn't even flinch or cry! He was so excited to finally have it out and he quickly put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy.

Photobucket

We finally have a child with a toothless smile...

Photobucket


Photobucket

The first thing Jaron said to me after Jantzen had his tooth pulled was, "I feel like a big wuss!". He said that because Jantzen was so calm about it and Jaron always has a panic attack when Josh pulls his teeth. It's kind of crazy how different kids are. Jaron didn't start loosing any teeth until he was in 3rd grade, he always has his permanent tooth in before the baby one comes out, and he freaks out at the very thought of his teeth being pulled out. Jantzen is only in 1st grade and has lost his 1st tooth, he doesn't have any signs of a permanent tooth yet, and he's so relaxed and calm when you pull his teeth.

I wonder what it's going to be like when Jaedyn loses her first tooth.

No comments: