...I'm finally a married woman again! Okay, so I really haven't been a single woman since April 1998, but I've not had a wedding ring for the last three years to show that I'm married. Ever since I got pregnant with Jaedyn my body has seriously not been the same (I didn't have this problem with the boys) and that includes my fingers. Starting at seven months pregnant with her I was no longer able to fit my wedding ring on my hand. I thought maybe after I had her I'd be able to, but that didn't happen. And so the long journey without a wedding ring began. I kept hinting to Josh for birthdays and/or holidays that I'd like my ring re-sized so I could wear it, but nothing ever came of it until three years later. I finally got tired of not having an actual wedding ring, so I made some calls and found out how much it'd cost to get it to fit me again.
Last week was our 14th anniversary and I decided as my gift that I was going to get my ring taken care of. Not only did I want it re-sized, but now I added that I wanted it dipped in white gold because I mostly wear silver jewelery and my ring is yellow gold. So, Josh and I headed to Morgan Jewelers (where my ring is from). We found out that my prongs all needed to be redone and that it'd be cheaper in the long run to buy a lifetime warranty (which includes re-sizing, dipping, prong fixing, and cleanings whenever I want) on it instead of just paying for everything I wanted done to it.
Here's my ring before it's much needed makeover...
Last week was our 14th anniversary and I decided as my gift that I was going to get my ring taken care of. Not only did I want it re-sized, but now I added that I wanted it dipped in white gold because I mostly wear silver jewelery and my ring is yellow gold. So, Josh and I headed to Morgan Jewelers (where my ring is from). We found out that my prongs all needed to be redone and that it'd be cheaper in the long run to buy a lifetime warranty (which includes re-sizing, dipping, prong fixing, and cleanings whenever I want) on it instead of just paying for everything I wanted done to it.
Here's my ring before it's much needed makeover...

Last Sunday as we were eating breakfast before church, I told my kids that this week I was finally going to be married again (meaning I'll have my ring back to make it official again). Jantzen quickly responded with, "To someone else?", and Josh responded, "Yes, mom's getting rid of me"...it was so funny because Jantzen was so serious. We all got a good laugh out of it.
Yesterday Josh picked up my ring on his way home from work. I was so excited all day to see what it was going to look like.
And, here it is...

I LOVE the way it looks now! I LOVE being able to wear it everyday now! After going three long years without it, it feels like I just got it for the first time, I can't stop looking at it, I love it that much!

It feels so good to be official again!


3 comments:
I have the same problem- can't wear mine and wanted it dipped. You have inspired me to find out about getting it done!!
I got my ring dipped for my 16th & I'm so glad I did it. It looks like a totally different ring doesn't it? I was doing the same thing...staring at it constantly when it was silver. Almost stared at it as much as when I got engaged! LOL!
That's awesome! I have the lifetime warranty on mine and I LOVE being able to get it dipped, cleaned, etc. whenever I want. TOTALLY worth it! It looks great!!
Post a Comment