Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jantzen-isms...

Everyone and anyone who knows my sweet little Jantzen knows what a character he can be at times. He's a ball full of energy that keeps us all laughing and wondering if he's an adult stuck in a child's body.

I've been keeping a record all year of things he's been saying that make us laugh or make us wonder what he's talking about, we call them "Jantzen-isms". Here's what I've written down so far...

** "Today we're going to make a baby. It's hard to make a baby. I'm trying to figure out how to make a baby". - He said this on our way home from church one Sunday and continued the conversation with Jaron while they were changing out of their church clothes.

** "Old McFarty had a stinky, ei-ei-o". - He sang this while sitting on the toilet listening to Jaedyn playing with the Little People barnyard that plays "Old McDonald".

** "She's like a fish that we stole from the river, that turned into a baby, that's a human". - He said this one time when Josh was bathing Jaedyn.

** "I'm pretending to teleport water for my flowers". - He had made a flower with his washcloth and a cup of water in the shower.

** "I can't open my head cuz it's locked and I lost the key".

** He won't drink pop because, "It's spicy!"

** "When I'm a dad I'll go to work and my wife will go to bunco and kids aren't allowed at bunco, so I'll have Buzz Lightyear babysit cuz he's old enough". - Do I go to bunco too much while Josh is working?

** "I'm cold cuz my fur is all gone". - He's referring to his hair on his body or lack there of. He then says...

** "I'm cold because I don't have fur on my body. When I'm old like dad I'll have fur and be warm". - He said this as he was getting out of the shower one night.

** I came upstairs one day to hear Jantzen playing his DS. When I told him he better not be playing it because he's grounded from it, he said, "I'm not. It magically turned itself on". - Yeah, right.

** Here's Jantzen's attempt at negotiating... I asked what he wanted for lunch and he said, "Chicken nuggets and a bagel and some cake". I told him if he eats all his lunch, then maybe he can have some cake. He responded with, "I'll just have cake and a bagel then". - He wasn't happy when I told him that's not how it works.

** He was sick one day, but he still asked to play with a friend. I told him it's probably not a good idea because he's got a little bit of a cold coming on. He then asked, "Can you find me a friend that has a cold too that can come over to play?"

** One day Jantzen asked to play on the "puter" (computer), so I asked Josh to help him get on parents.nickjr.com. Jantzen immediately responded with, "Yeah, that's the dot com I wanted, thanks for understanding".

** "My legs ran out of gas so I can't move". - This is the response we get when we ask Jantzen to do something or to go upstairs and get ready for bed.

** "My batteries are dead!" - This is his newest attempt at stalling when asked to go to bed.

** I asked Jantzen to get me a new roll of paper towels one day and he said, "Jaron's the paper towel guy and everything else".

** "Jaedyn isn't a human yet cuz she doesn't walk".

** Here's a discussion I had with Jantzen one day about how you tell the time on a clock... he says, "you say it's eight zero four", and I said, "No, you say it's eight o four". He then says, "Number's and letters don't mix on a clock so you can't say it that way". After arguing for a little bit I gave up.

** "When I get 'old' like you mom I'm going to have three monsters, four if you count me. Their names are going to be Mickey, Jaedyn, and Tarok". - He said this at Jaedyn's well check visit. Here's how he came up with the names of his "monsters"...Mickey because he loves Mickey Mouse, Jaedyn for obvious reasons, and Tarok because he's one of his green Bionicle guys. I hope his wife is cool with those names.

** "Look Jaron, my boobies are swollen!" - They were in the swimming pool, not sure what brought that on or where he heard that from...I swear!

** "Jaron, don't do that, it hurts and it's torture!" - Jantzen did a belly flop into the pool and learned the hard way not to do it again.

** While I was laying out in the pool, Jantzen comes over to me, starts pouring water all over my arms and says, "Mom, you have fur. I'm trying to get it off for you". - Thanks buddy, I appreciate you looking out for me and making sure I don't have any more "fur" on my arms.

And here's my favorite one...


** Jantzen started dancing one morning, shaking his tooshy in my direction and said, "This is how I flirt". Then he started smacking his toosh, I couldn't stop laughing, it was the funniest thing.

I'm sure there's more funny things Jantzen has said and done, but I don't remember them all. I love how so much comedy and whit comes out of someone so young. He's definitely the funniest one in our family and I love that we have him to entertain us all the time. Oh how we all love our little Jantzilla!

6 comments:

Lara said...

He is DANG funny! Gotta love that kid!

Melissa said...

He is a pretty funny kid! I love all the funny and crazy things my kids say! It makes those days where you just wanna lock them in their rooms a little more bearable! :)

Unknown said...

He was talking about "fur" on the ride home from school yesterday. Cracked me up.

Katie said...

Where does he come up with this stuff? He's definitely going to leave a lasting impression with everyone he meets.

Jaime Lynne said...

This is some funny stuff!!

Unguren said...

Those are all so funny. He is very creative!