Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gingerbread House Makeover

Last night for FHE the kids decorated a gingerbread house. They haven't done this for a couple years, so they were pretty excited. To make it a little easier to decorate, we bought a kit with the house already put together (maybe next year we'll do it ourselves, and then again, maybe not).

Here are all the kids excited and ready to start decorating...


Instead of helping decorate the house, Jaedyn decided to be the official candy taster...



Yeah, Jaedyn really enjoyed her "job". She wasn't too happy when I took the candy away after a few too many pieces.


While Jaedyn enjoyed the candy, the boys were busy decorating the house. I loved watching them use their creativity to decorate. They were having so much fun and worked together pretty good.





Here is the gingerbread house all done. Jaron and Jantzen were so proud of themselves as they should be, they did a good job!


Since we only got one gingerbread house this year, the boys each got to decorate two sides.

This is the front of the house that Jaron did, complete with hanging icicles and Hershey kiss trees (they didn't want to stay up very well)...


Here is the side of the house that Jaron did. I love the smiley face for Santa and the gumdrop bush...


This is the back of the house that Jantzen decorated. He also had frosting icicles, a gum drop bush, and a Hershey kiss tree (Jaron actually got the idea for the bush and the tree from me and Jantzen). Jantzen insisted on having gumdrop lights on each side of the back door so Santa can find his way OK. I think Santa's already there, so good job Jantz!


Here is the side that Jantzen decorated. If you look carefully and use your imagination as Jantz did, you will see a green gumdrop with two red candies on the top...that's his "Mickey Mouse", so cute! Yes, Jantzen and Jaedyn are in a major "Mickey Mouse" phase right now.


Hopefully next year Jaedyn will want to help decorate and not just eat the candy. Even though she didn't help much except for depleting the candy supply, they all had a good time. I love spending time with my family doing fun things and creating memories...now we get to eat all the candy off the house!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

How fun- we used to decorate houses every year growing up, but I have been a little hit and miss with it. Maybe I will have to put something together still, I have a few days still, right?!