As the party got closer Josh's work schedule started changing. He found out that he was going to have to work that night just a couple days before. Then it changed again...he wasn't working, then he was working, and so on. The final verdict was that he had to work all night, I was super bummed, but I decided to go anyway...by myself...as a dateless loser geek! I did find a date at the last minute though, Lara came with me as a geek too. Don't we look so cute? Wouldn't you want to date us?...I know, I look super scary and the fact that I am wearing scrunchies that I had as a young girl is pretty scary too!
This is me (I'm loving how high I have my skirt hiked) and Lara with Jessica and Nate (he was having a contraction at the same moment that this picture was taken)...
Here's Adam and Sandy with Rikki and Todd...
Here's Michelle and Jason with Kelly and Mary...
Here's Will and Katie with Calie and Cody...
This was our group of gnomes, John and Chelsea with Julie and Brad...
Here's Adam and Natalie with Jenesee and Scott...

When I first got there everyone was eating. I enjoyed a super yummy chicken taco soup, courtesy of Julie. After we all ate, we hung out and chatted for a while. We were given a small piece of paper that was worth 5 points and another piece of paper to keep a record of our points on throughout the night. The paper with the 5 points was for us to give to the person that we thought had the best costume on. I convinced Mary (who was Jane Fonda) to do an exercise pose for me and she was a good sport and did it (top left pic). I gave her my 5 points because she was totally rockin' her costume. Cody and Calie (top right pic) gave me a fun "Danny and Sandy" pose, and Lara took a picture of Todd and Rikki (bottom pic) while we were playing some games.
There were a few games we played. The first one was a dart game where we had to pop balloons with points inside them. I really sucked at this game...I didn't hit a single balloon. Will took pitty on me and just gave me some points. Another game we played was a Halloween "Scene It" where we watched clips from different Halloween themed movies and then we had to answer questions after. It was fun and I didn't do too bad, but I didn't win...:(
Another game we played was "Halloween Family Feud". Again, I had fun. We added up our points and the person with the two highest amounts won a prize...it wasn't me...:(
(Here's Brad and Julie being our lovely hosts for the family feud game)...
After the games were over, we chatted for a while and took some group pictures. Here's all the girls together...
...and here's all the guys together...
Before I left, I caught gnome Brad sitting down with a plate of caramel brownies resting on his tummy. It was funny watching him eat these because he was having a hard time sticking them in his mouth with his beard, but he got one in.
I had a really fun night despite the fact that Josh wasn't there with me. He told me he owes me now and I've already decided what he's going to do. Next year I told him that we're dressing up as Raggedy Ann and Andy and I told him that he has a year to ponder it...he didn't seem too excited!


1 comment:
That looks like an awesome party! Everyone looks great!
Post a Comment