Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Spooky Dinner"...

I decided this year that I wanted to start a new Halloween tradition at our house, so here's what I came up with...

Once a week I'm going to make a "Halloween" themed dinner on the same day of the week that Halloween falls on. The kids thought this sounded like a fun idea and I was super excited to start doing this. I went and got some black plates and Halloween cups to use for our weekly dinners. Monday was our first "spooky dinner" night. For this week's dinner I made "mummy dogs", "monster jaws", and "cheesy fingers"...

Photobucket

Here's a close up of all the food, doesn't it look yummy?...

Photobucket

The monster jaws are made up of apples and almonds (teeth)...

Photobucket

The cheesy fingers are made up of string cheese, almonds, and cream cheese...

Photobucket

For dessert I made Halloween whoopie pies (the boys wanted to call them monster turds, but I decided not to call them that)...

Photobucket

We washed everything down with ghost blood (that's right, it's plain milk)...

Photobucket

Despite the lack of expression on the kids' faces here, they were pretty excited to have a fun dinner like this.

Photobucket

I had to include this picture of Jaron getting another "mummy dog" because he was the one who insisted on me taking a picture of him doing this, he's a funny kid!

Photobucket

Jantzen and Jaron had some fun with the "monster jaws". Jaron had a hard time keeping the apple in his mouth, but Jantz was a pro with it.

Photobucket

Jaedyn had to show me her "cheesy finger" that she was about to devour. This girl LOVES her string cheese (never mind her messy hair, it was done all cute until she went out to play on the trampoline with her brothers...right before dinner!).

Photobucket

And the very best part of the dinner for Jaedyn was dessert! Of course, she only ate the frosting!

Photobucket

Our first "spooky dinner" turned out pretty good, the kids all loved it. The boys kept telling me all during dinner that everything was delicious and awesome! Jaedyn just gave me a "mmmmm, yummy!". I love their enthusiasm. I'm looking forward to doing this every year with the kids, I think it will be a fun family tradition for many years!

No comments: