We all got ready and got a quick family photo before we headed over to the party. Don't you just love Josh's mullet?!?!

And here's a quick picture of the cutest kids in the world, even though you can only see one of their faces...

We got to the church and started up our night of fun. I'm wearing heels, so in this picture I'm squatting down so I'm not taller than Josh.

Here's Jaedyn with her friend Rylee. I asked them to pose and say "cheese" for me, it was so cute watching them try this...

Before the trunk or treat our ward had a chili and cornbread dinner, it was actually a contest for the best tasting. I only made some cornbread, but it did get some votes. While waiting in line for dinner, Jaedyn grabbed a piece of ice from the drinks and tried to eat it. The cold obviously didn't bug her at all.

As soon as we got to the church, Jaron and Jantzen took off to play with their friends...I didn't see much of them all night. I was able to catch a quick picture of them in between eating and playing though.
(From left to right: Jantzen, Jaron, Keagan, Kaiden)...

After dinner there was a costume contest parade. The little kids went first and Jaedyn was the first one in line (because she's the cutest little girl ever!). We were all given tickets to give out to the person with the best costume. The kids all walked down a red carpet and when they were done you could give them a ticket if you liked their costume. Jaedyn actually had some kids give her tickets, it was cute.

Here's Jaron walking the red carpet...I think he scared some kids.

Jantzen had to show me some ninja moves as he made his way down the red carpet...

After all the kids got to walk the red carpet, it was time for us adults (or big kids) to walk it. I made Josh do this, but I think he secretly enjoyed it because he seemed to really get into character...

Here's Josh and his rocker buddy Kelly...what a couple of punks!

Here I am with my friend, the devil (Mary, she's really an angel...the little hands in the bottom of the picture belong to Jaedyn)...

Here's the four of us together...

After all the contests (food, pumpkins, costumes) were all done, the trunk or treating began. Jaron and Jantzen took Jaedyn around with them. Jaedyn was really into this whole begging for candy thing this year. She held her bag open and said, "Treat", then said, "Welcome"...it was so cute!

My poor kids had to suffer through some more pictures before we went home, they should be used to that by now. I really liked the way the kids' pumpkins turned out this year...


So, I decided to get individual pictures of the kids with their pumpkins. First up was Jaedyn, or I should say "Minnie Mouse"...

...then there was my crazy little ninja...

...I left the scariest one for last, Jaron aka "Ghost Face"...

Okay, maybe I jumped the gun a little too fast. Here's the scariest one...Josh as a rockin' Minnie Mouse...

I got these pumpkin flashlights for the kids to use trick or treating and I forgot to give them to them until after we were all done, so they played with them in the car on the way home. Jaedyn loved hers the most! (I'm not sure what is going on with Jaron's face here, maybe he's choking?!?!)

This is me telling everyone, "I'm tired, go to bed, good night!".

Now, that's two trunk or treats down, only one more to go on Halloween night!


No comments:
Post a Comment