
The "candy corn" pizza (I actually made homemade pizza) was made with just mozzarella and cheddar cheese, lots of it! The kids all liked it, including Josh.

The "bones and blood" were bread sticks that I shaped to look like bones with marinara sauce (blood) to dip them in...

The "worms and dirt" were just that...just kidding! I made them especially for my boys because they LOVE chocolate and there was a lot of chocolate in them (way too much for me!). There was a brownie on the bottom (Jaron and Jantz requested this layer), then I added some chocolate pudding for the mud, then some gummy worms, and finally I added some crushed up Oreos for the dirt. Don't they look yummy?!?!...

And, again, we washed everything down with "ghost blood". Maybe next time we'll have to try some blood from another Halloween creature.

The kids didn't talk much this week while eating their food, they were too busy enjoying it. Jaron mostly enjoyed the "candy corn" pizza, Jantz enjoyed the "bones", and Jaedyn liked everything. Don't worry, the silence didn't last very long.

When it came time for dessert, the kids were all excited. I wanted to get a picture of all of them with their "worms and dirt" before they started eating it, but as you can see, Jaedyn couldn't wait that long. She went to town on the worms as soon as we gave it to her. I think my kids are a little too cheesy for pictures sometimes.

I like this picture of the boys because that gagging face that Jaron's giving is him really gagging. He hates anything gummy and he wouldn't eat the worm, not even a lick, it was funny! Jantz, on the other hand, loves anything gummy and he chowed his worms.

Jaedyn was very dainty about how she ate her worms...she's so girly! First, she sucked it a little bit...

...Then, she decided to bite it's head off...

...Then, it got a little slimy and wiggly on her...


...So, she decided to shove the whole thing in her mouth...

MMMM, that was yummy!

I think this dinner turned out better than last week, the family all loved it. The boys are already asking me what I'm making for next weeks "spooky" dinner. They'll just have to wait and see (that means I don't know yet).


1 comment:
Kati, you are so dang creative! I wish my life wasn't so crazy right now, I would totally do something fun like this for Halloween! LOVE this idea!
Post a Comment