Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Ride

Yesterday we took the boys to the lake bed for their first ride of the Fall season. This is the season where the weather here is the best for riding, it's not too hot. Jaedyn and I decided to tag along too, even though neither one of us has a bike to ride.

While Josh was loading up the bikes, Jaedyn played around on the trailer showing me her sticker collection on her hand. She got these stickers from a McDonald's toy and she loved them! She wanted all of them on her hand at the same time and as soon as I was done putting them on her hand she said, "pretty!"...it was cute! She kept them on her hand the whole day.

Photobucket

One of the first things Jaron did when we got to the lake bed was go on this little jump over and over, he was loving it! I tried to get a picture of him catching some air, but I wasn't quick enough and unfortunately for him, he didn't get much air.

Photobucket

Here's my little biker punk!...(Jaron)...

Photobucket

The last time we came up here Josh made the boys a track to race on and they loved it, so he decided to do that for them again. Here he is getting the boys ready to follow him so they can make their track easy to see...

Photobucket

Part of the track included a little jump. I got some pictures of my boys all taking turns on it. Here's Josh...

Photobucket

...and Jaron...

Photobucket

...and Jantzen...

Photobucket

I snapped a quick picture of my boys before they started their race. Aren't they so cute in their outfits gear?

Photobucket

The boys then took off to race each other. Jaron let Jantzen start off first, but he doesn't usually stay the leader for very long, Jaron passes him quickly. Jantzen will usually cheat and cut through the track and get in front of Jaron again...he hates to lose!

Photobucket


Photobucket

While Jaron and Jantzen were out racing, Josh went for a long ride with our neighbor Daniel that came up with us, and Jaedyn and I just hung out at camp. Jaedyn did a lot of playing around on the trailer and running in the dirt. She's still so cute when she's filthy!

Photobucket

Jaron and Jantzen raced for a little while, then they came in for a lunch break with Jaedyn...

Photobucket

I think Jaedyn's face enjoyed more of her lunch than her stomach did...

Photobucket

After the kids finished eating lunch, the boys went back out for another ride. Josh came back from his and that made Jaedyn excited...she wanted to "watch". Jaedyn got to watch her favorite movie (it's still "Despicable Me") on Josh's phone.

Photobucket

Daniel joined the boys for a ride and they were gone for quite a while. I caught them on their way back...Jaron was in the lead...

Photobucket

The boys said they had fun, but they wanted to go again, so this time Josh went with them. I took a picture of all the boys before they left. (Daniel, Jantz, Josh, Jaron)

Photobucket

And then they were off...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

They were gone a long time, which always makes me worry, but they all came back in one piece. I was told though, that both Jaron and Jantzen crashed on their bikes because they ventured off on a wrong trail a little. Jantzen was pinned underneath his bike and got a massive bruise on his thigh, but other than that they were all okay. In all, it was a fun day for the kids and that was the whole point of going. One of these days I hope I'll have something to ride so Jaedyn and I can go have an adventure of our own.

1 comment:

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

So fun!! You got some sweet pics. I love the one of all of them together! We want an invite next time! My kids still talk about how fun that was!! Good riding boys!