Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Egg Coloring & Hunt Fun!

Tomorrow is Easter and we hadn't colored any eggs yet because we've been out of town for spring break, so we decided that we'd do it today. If the kids didn't like coloring eggs so much we'd skip it this year, but they do so we didn't.  Just look at how happy and excited they are...

 photo DSCN6696_zpsd248fe08.jpg
 
They were busy little bees coloring their eggs with crayons before they dipped them in the colors they wanted...
 
 photo coloringeastereggs_zpsc62408a7.jpg
 
They were all very careful this year and didn't get any dye on their fingers like last year...
 
 photo kidsandeggs_zpsd823b3e9.jpg
 
Josh even joined in and colored a few eggs...
 
 photo DSCN6702_zps5198d17d.jpg
 
Here's the final result of all their fun and hard work...
 
 photo DSCN6706_zps4418dde7.jpg
 
 I noticed there was an egg (yellow one up front) that read, "Steve was here!".  I guess we can never escape Minecraft, even when coloring Easter eggs...That's my boys!!

My kids also love to hunt for candy filled eggs, no matter how old they get.  After we were done coloring eggs we went to the park by our house and hid some candy eggs, then we unleashed the kids on them...
 
 photo DSCN6707_zps051c1181.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6708_zpsbb5f7f26.jpg
 
It was fun watching them run around trying to find them all.  We tried to make some of them harder for the boys and it worked.  We had to point some out to them.
 
 photo egghunt1_zpsa6361406.jpg
 
 
 photo egghunt2_zps1e519194.jpg
 
 
 photo egghunt3_zps92c085f2.jpg
 
 Wow!!  I think they made out very nicely with their candy stash...
 
 photo DSCN6722_zps81138a21.jpg
 
It didn't take them long to dive right in...
 
 photo eatingcandy_zpsca85d7e5.jpg
 
Then we headed back home.  I think the kids were happy with their hunt, especially this little girl!
 
 photo DSCN6726_zps720b47d8.jpg
 
It never gets old watching my kids enjoy fun activities like this.  I'm glad we're able to do these kind of things.

No comments: