Sunday, March 17, 2013

Family Night at the Drive In

Last night we took the kids to the drive in to see "Oz The Great and Powerful"...

 photo oz-the-great-and-powerful-banner-poster.jpg
 
 This is the first time we've ever taken the kids to see a movie at the drive in. Josh and I used to go all the time before we had kids. The kids were all so excited to go. We brought blankets and pillows and made a bed for the kids in the back of the Tahoe so they could be comfortable while watching the movie...
 
 photo DSC07580.jpg
 
 
 photo DSC07581.jpg
 
 Josh and I sat in chairs outside the Tahoe and we also brought my stereo (from when I was 16, yeah it's still awesome!) so we could have surround sound during the movie. 
 
We got the kids all set up with their movie treats. They each got to pick out what treat they wanted and then we popped our own popcorn at home because I'm too cheap sometimes to pay for movie concessions. The kids don't mind where the treats come from, just that they have some.
 
 photo DSC07584.jpg
 
 And here's a picture of Josh and I. I wasn't feeling the greatest, but I still went to watch the movie with my family and I'm glad I did.
 
 photo DSC07586.jpg
 
 The movie was good. Jantzen and Jaedyn actually fell asleep about half way through it, so they didn't really have an opinion about it. I think Josh and I enjoyed it the most because we've actually seen "The Wizard of Oz", so we know more about what's going on in the movie. I told my kids that they should watch "The Wizard of Oz", but they said, "No Thanks!"...fine! 
 
We really did have a fun time at the drive in and it was cheap, so I think we'll come back often. It's a fun way to spend time together as a family.

No comments: