Friday, March 22, 2013

Walk-a-Thon...2013

Today was the annual walk-a-thon fundraiser at Jantzen's school. It's a PTO sponsored event, so of course I was there. This year we had a few more things added for the kids to enjoy and they loved it all! 

Jantzen brought in the highest amount of pledges in the whole 2nd grade, so he won a free pass to Flip-N-Out...he was so excited!

 photo DSCN6256.jpg
 
 We added in some obstacle courses for the kids this year. One of them were these cones that they had to run through. Jantzen and his friend Jose seemed to really enjoy this one...
 
 photo DSCN6264.jpg
 
 There were also hula hoops and jump ropes for the kids to play with, but I think Jantzen was "too cool" for that kind of stuff, so he skipped that part. 
 
Here's a picture of Jantzen with some of his friends. I love how Alyssa photo-bombed the picture...
 
 photo DSCN6265.jpg
 
 Another new thing the kids got to enjoy this year was some yummy shave ice, but only if they had enough pledges. Luckily Jantzen did because it was really warm outside. 
 
 photo DSCN6269.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6270.jpg
 
 After Jantzen got his shave ice, which I did steal some of, he hung out with Jose and Jansen by the fire truck to cool off...
 
 photo DSCN6271.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6272.jpg
 
 Despite it being a little windy and warm, the walk-a-thon was a success again and Jantzen had a really fun time. Next year I'm in charge of running the walk-a-thon, so we'll see if I can continue to make it fun for the kids.

No comments: