Today we decided to spend another day at the beach, except this time we didn't play in the water. We went down to the Oceanside Pier to walk out on the ocean, eat some lunch at Ruby's on the pier, and enjoy the beautiful scenery. It just happens to be that this is the same beach where the volleyball scene from "Top Gun" was filmed...pretty cool, huh?!?!
Immediately when we walked out on the pier, my boys started watching the surfers. I think they liked watching them wipeout.
Jaedyn was being a little grump, I'm not sure why, but she wouldn't get out of her stroller...
This was my attempt at getting some family pictures (looking to the south), Jaedyn was still being a little stinker...
...on the other hand, the view behind us was beautiful.
Since Jaedyn wouldn't get out of her stroller, Raeley decided to hang out with Jaron and Jantzen. They were loving being out on the pier in the ocean...
Here's our attempt at getting some pictures of us...
The boys tried their best to get Jaedyn to smile and be happy...
Jaron was getting really hungry and didn't want to wait for lunch, so he attempted to eat this dead fish he found on the pier. Just kidding, he really didn't because that's disgusting!
And here's another picture of all of us (looking to the west) before we ate lunch. At least this time Jaedyn's face isn't covered by her jacket...little stinker!
While we were waiting for our names to be called for lunch we did some walking around the pier. Along the way we came across this big fella...
He was sitting in the perfect position, just waiting for someone to walk by. We tried to get Jaron to stand underneath him so we could get a picture, but we wouldn't. Then, a minute later some guy came walking by, obviously not noticing the big pelican on the edge of the roof, and the bird pooped! Luckily for the guy the pelican barely missed him. That would've been funny if he didn't. Jaron was really glad he didn't stand under the pelican for a picture. I kind of am too because I didn't want to have to clean him up.
While staring out at the ocean I spotted something brown swimming around...
It was a seal. I've never seen a seal out in the ocean before, so I thought this was pretty cool and so did my kids.
There were a few guys that were doing some fishing out on the pier and they were keeping the fish they caught in a bucket of water. Jaedyn finally got out of her stroller to check them out. She was very fascinated by them...
Finally we were called in to eat lunch. While waiting for our food, the kids entertained themselves by putting together old fashioned cars...
...then we enjoyed our lunch...it was so good...we like Ruby's!
Notice how red my boys' faces are??? They didn't get any sunscreen on yesterday at the beach so they got a little fried, especially Jaron...poor kid! I really felt bad for him.
After lunch, Jaedyn was a lot happier...
As we walked along the pier back to the beach we came across another pelican. My kids were afraid to get close to him, but Raeley wasn't. Maybe it's because she lives here.
The kids also stopped along the way to watch the surfers in the water. It was fun watching them watch the surfers because every time one of them would crash Jantzen would laugh hysterically. It was the funniest thing and you would probably agree with me if you've ever heard him laugh that way before.
Here I am with the princess. I'm glad she was in a good enough mood to smile for the camera. I don't have enough pictures of the two of us together.
Jaedyn ended up having a good time even though she was a grump at first. She was loving watching the waves crashing against the pier...
After spending most of the day on the pier, we packed up the car, said goodbye to Vickie, John, Amanda, and Raeley, then we headed up to Anaheim to check into our hotel. Tomorrow is our first day at Disneyland! I'm so excited to see how Jaedyn reacts to everything since she's never been there.
We have to get up early in the morning, so it's bed time for us!!! Good night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment