Today was the first day of our spring break vacation. This year we decided to take the kids back to Disneyland. The last time we went there I was pregnant with Jaedyn, so we were excited that she was going to be able to join the fun this time...me too! But first we planned on spending a couple days in Oceanside with Josh's aunt Vickie.
We headed out of town right after the boys got out of school so we wouldn't get to Oceanside too late. It was dark when we got there and Jantzen and Jaedyn had already fallen asleep. I thought it was so cute how they were snuggling together...
Notice how Jaedyn had to bring her Minnie Mouse? She was so excited to take her to Disneyland.
We got to Aunt Vickie's house around 9ish and before we went to bed we did a lot of visiting. We love staying at Vickie's house and they are the best hosts. The next morning we decided to spend the day at the beach. We headed down to Oceanside Harbor and proceeded to enjoy the perfect weather.
The boys started out playing with a giant sling shot that Marty (cousin Amanda's boyfriend) brought and they were all having a blast with it. I was a little concerned part of the time because they were using a baseball. Luckily no one got hit with it.
While the boys played Jaedyn got into the bag of Cheetos we brought for lunch. She couldn't wait until lunch to eat them. She would've been happy doing this all day if I would've let her, but I didn't.
Before everyone took off to play in the sand and water, I made them all gather for a family picture...
I loved how it turned out!
I especially loved this close up because you can see the Cheetos in Jaedyn's smile...
After that we all headed down to the water to play and freeze our tooshies off...the water was cold!!
The look on Josh's face proves that...
Jaedyn wouldn't get in the water at first, she made her daddy hold her while she latched onto him like a monkey...
Jaedyn had more fun playing with her cousin Raeley on the boogie board...
This was the look Jaedyn gave me when I told her I was going to take her in the ocean with me...she wasn't too thrilled! I think it might have been because there were some really big waves going on.
The boys and Raeley, on the other hand, were having a blast! They couldn't get enough of the ocean.
Jaron was loving using the boogie board...
Amanda took this picture of Josh and I. It's not my favorite of me, but I loved that Jaron and Jantzen were in the background playing in the ocean...
Josh took the boys far out in the water to play around. They were all having way too much fun in the waves...
Jantzen liked watching the surfers...
I think it's safe to say that Jantzen's having a good time here...
Josh was having fun too. He was using his GoPro camera to record the boys.
I got Jaedyn to come down and get in the water...she didn't like it very much!It was too cold for her.
She was fine when the water wasn't touching her, but as soon as it did she ran away screaming.
The boys braved the cold water all day...
Okay, here's another picture of Josh and I. I like this one of me better!
After a little while being at the beach Jaedyn had had enough and decided to hang out and wait for her brothers to come out of the water. Notice what's sitting next to her...the bag of Cheetos! Yeah, she got into them again.
The boys came out of the water just long enough to eat a quick lunch. They really only wanted to play in the water more.
After lunch and a little more time playing in the water, the kids decided to play in the sand...
They thought it would be fun to bury each other...
After burying each other in the sand, Josh, Jantzen, Jaedyn, and Marty played a little beach football...
It was so cute watching Jaedyn run with the ball, she was having so much fun!
After football, Jantzen wanted to be buried again and Jaron was quick to do it for him...
Jaedyn did her own shoveling, but I'm not sure what she was digging for exactly.
Josh was cold from playing in the water so much, so he snuggled in his towel...
When it was time to leave, we got everything packed up and headed to the car to load up. Jaedyn didn't want to walk to the car and I had too much to carry, so Jantzen gave her a ride...it was cute! He's such a good big brother to her!
When we got back to Vickie's house the kids wanted to go swimming in her community's pool because they hadn't had enough water already, so we did. Vickie went and got Chick-fil-A for dinner (Josh was sooo happy about that) and we enjoyed that at the pool.
After the kids had had enough water for one day we went back to Vickie's, showered, and relaxed the rest of the night. We were all so tired from being in the sun all day, but we all had so much fun. I wish we lived closer to a beach, my kids would be in heaven!
Tomorrow's going to be another fun day...
No comments:
Post a Comment