Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Break 2013...Day 4

"Disneyland...Day 2"

Today we headed over to California Adventures to spend the day there. The kids were so excited to check out the new "Cars Land", and so were we.

When we first walked into the park we saw Chip and Dale, so we just had to get a picture with them...

 photo DSCN6492.jpg
 
 ...then we headed up to "Cars Land"...
 
 photo DSCN6494.jpg
 
 This was the first ride we went on and the kids loved it! If the line wasn't so long we would've rode it again.
 
 photo DSCN6495.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6496.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6497.jpg
 
 After the Mater ride was over, we headed farther up into "Cars Land". The scenery was amazing! It was an actual replica of Radiator Springs from the movie...
 
 photo DSCN6498.jpg
 
 We just missed meeting Lightening McQueen, but we got to see him as he drove past us...
 
 photo DSCN6499.jpg
 
 We did get to meet Mater though, he's a funny truck! He actually will talk to you and he kept saying how cute Jaedyn was.
 
 photo DSCN6500.jpg
 
 After meeting Mater we headed over to Luigi's Tire Shop to ride the BIG tires...
 
 photo DSCN6502.jpg
 
 They were like bumper cars and the kids loved them!  They were floating a little and you had to lean together to get them to move in the direction you wanted.
 
 photo luigistireride.jpg
 
 The kids then got to meet Red...he wasn't very talkative.
 
 photo DSCN6509.jpg
 
 As we headed down the street to see some more things, Lightening passed us again. We were bummed that we missed meeting him again. Hopefully we'll get to meet him later.
 
 photo DSCN6510.jpg
 
 We stopped by Flo's, Jaedyn was being a little ornery...
 
 photo DSCN6511.jpg
 
 We then headed over to the pier so the boys could ride "California Screamin'". Josh loves this ride and it took a LOT of convincing to get Jaron and Jantzen to ride it with him...I'm not a fan of roller coasters, so I won't ride them. Jaedyn wanted to ride it, but she was too short. Can you see the look of terror in the boys' eyes? I think they were regretting their decision to go on it.
 
 photo DSCN6512.jpg
 
(Jaron ended up loving it, Jantzen not so much.  Jaron's exact words were, "That was AWESOME!!"  I think Josh finally has a roller coaster buddy now.)
 
 While Jaedyn and I waited for the boys to get done on the roller coaster, we headed over to "Ariel's Underwater Adventure" since Ariel is one of Jaedyn's favorite princesses.
 
 photo littlemermaidride.jpg
 
 Jaedyn loved the ride and wanted to go on it again. 
 
 On our way back to watch the boys on the roller coaster, we ran into Phineas and Ferb...
 
 photo DSCN6521.jpg
 
 ...and Jessie. Jaedyn wasn't too happy to meet her, I'm not sure why, she loves Toy Story.
 
 photo DSCN6522.jpg
 
 It was almost time for the boys to ride the coaster, so we watched for them along the pier. As we were waiting, another friend stopped by to surprise Jaedyn with a kiss on the cheek as she downed some Cheetos. I think Buzz caught her by surprise a little...
 
 photo DSCN6523.jpg
 
 The boys finally were done riding "California Screamin'" and they were just in time to meet Woody with Jaedyn. I think she was a little afraid of him, but she did hold his hand.
 
 photo DSCN6525.jpg
 
 Next up was the "Toy Story Mania" ride. Jaron and Jantzen love the 3D glasses. Jaedyn didn't want any part of wearing them until she saw how much fun her brothers were having with them, so she joined in...
 
 photo DSCN6526.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6527.jpg
 
 I totally beat my whole family in this game too! 
 
We then all decided to go on the "Grizzly River Run". Jaedyn freaked out and didn't want to go, so I took her over to the "Wilderness Explorers" play area. This slide was her favorite part, I think she spent most of her time on it.
 
 photo DSCN6528.jpg
 
 I had a hard time going on these nets with her because I'm so afraid of heights, she loved them!
 
 photo DSCN6529.jpg
 
 The boys finally (after an hour) got done with their ride. Last time we came here Jaron freaked out on this ride and Jantzen loved it, this time they all liked it...and they got wet!
 
 photo DSCN6530.jpg
 
 We rode the "Monsters, Inc," ride and after Jaedyn saw "Boo's" door and just had to get her picture with it (we think she looks a little like Boo). I'm not sure what she was doing in these pictures.  I think she was trying to make it so I could see the white flower in the picture...
 
 photo DSCN6531.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6532.jpg
 
 We walked down Main Street and the kids spotted an opportunity to be a little silly...
 
 photo DSCN6533.jpg
 
 The parade was about to start, so we grabbed a seat up front so we could see it good. While we waited we enjoyed some snacks...
 
 photo DSCN6534.jpg
 
 ...then the parade began. It started out with the "Monsters". Jaedyn got a "five", or I should say a "four" from one of the monsters and also from one of the other characters...
 
 photo monstersparade.jpg
 
 We saw the "Incredibles"...
 
 photo incrediblesparade.jpg
 
 ...and "Nemo"...
 
 photo nemoparade.jpg
 
 ...and some of the bugs from "Bugs Life"...
 
 photo bugslifeparade.jpg
 
 The "Toy Story" army men came marching by...
 
 photo DSCN6552.jpg
 
 ..then the rest of the "Toy Story" gang drove by... 
 
 photo toystoryparade1.jpg
 
 
 photo toystoryparade2.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6560.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6561.jpg
 
 We even got to see Mater again!
 
 photo DSCN6562.jpg
 
 After the parade was over, we went on some more rides. 
 
I went on "Flik's Flyers" with the kids...Jaedyn loved this one! 
 
 photo DSCN6563.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6569.jpg
 
 Then I went on "Francis' Ladybug Boogie" with them...
 
 photo francistheladybug.jpg
 
 The kids loved this one because I was making them spin around really fast. 
 
We then went on "Tuck and Roll's Drive "Em Buggies". Jaedyn was very insistent that she was going to drive, so I let her. We didn't go very many places because she couldn't turn the steering wheel very well and she wouldn't let me help her. The boys had fun though.
 
 photo bumperbugs.jpg
 
 After some rides we decided to go back over to "Cars Land" to see if we could get on the "Radiator Springs" raceway. When we got there we saw that it was a 2-3 hour wait to get on. We weren't going to wait that long, so we left.
 
We got a few more pictures first.  Here's the kids in front of the tire tower at Luigi's...

 photo DSCN6582.jpg
 
 Here we all are with Stanley...
 
 photo DSCN6585.jpg
 
 ...and here's the kids in front of the "Cozy Cone" with their cone filled drinks...
 
 photo DSCN6586.jpg
 
 I took a couple more scenery pictures before we left "Cars Land". Here's Ramone's Body Paint Shop and the Radiator Springs mountains...
 
 photo DSCN6588.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6589.jpg
 
 It was getting late and we were all getting tired, so we decided to do a few more rides before we went back to our hotel. We rode "Heimlich's Chew Chew Train" for Jaedyn...
 
 photo DSCN6590.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6591.jpg
 
 Then we went back for some more spinning on Francis' ride...
 
 photo DSCN6592.jpg
 
 
 photo ladybug2.jpg
 
 And the very last ride the kids wanted to go on again was "Flik's Flyers"...
 
 photo lastride.jpg
 
 I think it's safe to say that the kids had another fun day! Tomorrow is our last day at Disneyland, so we better get some rest!

No comments: