Saturday, March 16, 2013

Who's That Boy?!?!

Today Jaron made a very big decision...he decided he wanted a drastic change with his hair. He's been telling me for the last few weeks that he wanted to cut off his hair, but I thought he was just saying that because he thought he'd like it and I thought he wouldn't. Here's why I thought he wouldn't like it...Jaron's had long hair since 2nd grade and he did choose to cut it all off a couple years later. After he got it cut off, he immediately regretted it and said, "The girls aren't going to like me anymore, they like me with my hair long". So, he grew it out again and has had it that way ever since.

I personally love Jaron's hair long, it's cute on him. Not many people can sport that look. However, he's getting older and with his ever growing age comes a need to make his own choices with his appearance (within reason, of course...no piercings or anything else like that are going to happen on my watch!). So, despite my efforts to change his mind and continually remind him of the regrets he had last time, I took him to get his hair cut today.

 Before we left, I got a picture of him so I could remember the long, thick, soft hair that is no longer going to be around...Good Bye lovely hair, I will miss you terribly... 

 photo DSC07572.jpg
 
 I made it through Jaron's dramatic haircut without tears (sniff, sniff) and I think he made a good choice in his new look...
 
 photo jaronfaces.jpg
 
 Don't you love the poses this little cheeser is giving me?!?! 
 
I was wrong this time, Jaron LOVES his new hair cut! I think the new style looks good on him, although it's going to take me a while to get used to his new look. I keep looking at him wondering who he is because he looks so different. I think he's getting a little creeped out by my staring at him so much. It's going to take some time, but I'll get used to it. On the bright side, it's a lot easier and faster to style it. My JarBear is such a handsome boy, I mean young man!

No comments: