Friday, March 1, 2013

Jaron's Science Fair

Last night we went to Jaron's school for his science fair. Since he's in accelerated science he has to participate in it as part of his semester grade. The topic of his project was, "How fast can an ice cube melt in sunlight". 

He spent eight weeks researching this. His research included putting an ice cube out on the sidewalk in the same spot every Wednesday and Friday at the same time and timing how long it took until it melted. After his research period was over, he put together his board and turned it in...he got an "A" on it! 

When we got to the school, we found his board before we checked out all of the other projects. Here's some pictures I took of his board while it was on display... 

 photo DSCN6145.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6146.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6147.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6148.jpg
 
 I made Jaron pose for some pictures and this is what I got from him...
 
 photo DSCN6149.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN6150.jpg
 
 Why is it so difficult for an 11 year old to be serious in a picture?!?! 
 
I'm proud of Jaron for all the time and work he put into his science project, I think it turned out good. He didn't win anything, but he didn't care. All he cared about was the fact that he got an "A" on it. Keep up the good work Jaron!!

No comments: